Saturday, October 30, 2010

outta my shell


            Something I have done that was out of the ordinary or different for me during the week was something that I hadn’t done since last summer.  I hadn’t slept in my own bed since the beginning of summer 2009. Since I had moved in to our new house I had slept on the pull out sofa bed for the entire year since this week.  It was different for me because I had been used to sleeping on a crappy queen pull out sofa instead of my twin-sized bed.  I had enjoyed being back in my own bed, instead of sleeping down stairs all the time.  The only perk of sleeping on the pullout couch was I got to hangout with Marley (my dog) all the time.  Sometimes he would jump up onto the bed and fall asleep he would take up more room on the bed then I would and he is only a 6-month-old puppy.   

            It was different to finally sleep in my own bed after a year but I like it a lot more than sleeping down stairs, with that backbreaking mattress.  I felt like it I had been so much longer than it already has been.  I am promised a bigger bed since my feet hang over half a foot on the twin sized one.  We are finally finished “moving in” to our house so now I can finally have some peace and quiet in my own room.  This own experience had changed me a little bit but I am happy that everything is back to normal.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment