Saturday, October 2, 2010

Theres a first time for everything


 An event that I attended at Southern Connecticut State University over the first month of being a student there was the nationally televised football game against American International College.  The tailgating before the game was really fun, I went with a couple of my friends and my girlfriend.  The best part of the game besides Southern Connecticut State University winning was all the free food, and fun games.  The fried dough was really good, along with the rest of the food.  We got to the game a little earlier to get good seats at the 50-yard line right in the middle of the stands.  It was a really fun experience for me attending my first official college game. 

            In the first quarter nothing really happened until the last 4 minutes where Southern Connecticut State University scored the first touchdown of the game.  From then on out we just led the game in every single aspect, running, passing, and scoring.  I give credit to AIC for putting up a good fight even though our offense and defense are way better than theirs, seeing as we put up 28 points on the board.  I think our offense line was the best part of the game last night; making clean cut concise passes to the wide receivers and scoring the touchdowns.  We played a great game and so did AIC, but the owls came out on top moving their record to 1-1 in the NE -10.  It was a great experience to actually go to my first official college football game.

No comments:

Post a Comment