Saturday, October 9, 2010

History teacher or Athletic Trainer, its life..

I have wanted to be so many different things in my life I lost track after construction worker in 2nd grade.  These past few years I have thought about becoming a history teacher, because I had always been interested in all the wars and changes that Europe and America went through.  I have thought I could be a high school history teacher, teach about the civil war, world war I, world war II, Vietnam, Korea, The Gulf War and now the war that’s going on in Iraq and Afghanistan.  I had thought about this for months.  Then I started to shy away from history and into Athletic Training.  It was on the list for Southern Connecticut State University major choices.  I went out on a limb and said sure I will try it.  I had loved wrestling in high school, and in general sports all my life.  When I became injured the middle of my junior year it killed me to know I could never wrestle again.

 I went through rehab and all the pain of rehab with countless athletic trainers seeing how nice and mean they were to me at different times.  Those memories sparked my interest to go into that major because I love sports and I love helping people when they are injured and the whole medical aspect of the sport.  Now in my freshman year I have to decide within the next couple of years what I want to do with my life.  To become a history teacher for a high school get summers off and winter breaks or become an athletic trainer and help out people with their injuries on the road back to recovery.  I honestly have no idea what to do.  I am not a man with a plan so this is going to take a while to decide

No comments:

Post a Comment