Saturday, November 6, 2010

maybe i should have ran track in high school...


            When I want to relieve stress the one thing I can always count on is running.  This always has seemed to work for me very well.  No matter the conditions out side I will always make time to go for a run and get everything off my mind.  Usually I go for 2 or 3 miles when I go because that has been the norm for me throughout high school.  Even though I did not do track or cross country I always found myself running around places when I didn’t have a car.  Its very relaxing if you go at night because there are not a lot of cars to worry about on the road and at this time of year you fill your lungs up with that crisp cold fall air.  Listening to music helps me running because I can stay with the beat or pace myself, whether it’s metal, hip-hop or even rock. 

Running along with being a stress reliever keeps me in shape for the up coming months of doing nothing but eating lots of food and being lazy on the couch.  It always seems to help if I have something on my mind that I’ve been thinking about for a while.  I really don’t know what it is that I love so much about it, I always feel accomplished after a run because it gives me pride to know that there is something that I know I can do in my life that no one else can tell me how to do.  In the end I know if I ran well il come home and pass out on the couch downstairs, if you guys haven’t found something that suits you with controlling stress levels I suggest running its worked for me for a very long time.   


1 comment: