Saturday, November 27, 2010

An Italian feast!


            Seeing as thanksgiving just pasted I guess I’ll talk about all the food I had on the holiday and the days after.  I went to my mom’s side for thanksgiving this year; it one huge Italian mess. We got kids screaming, dogs running around, and people giving toasts to family every 5 seconds.  Food none the less was the best part, so much great Italian cooking I couldn’t help but go up for 2nds, 3rds, and 4ths.  All the turkey we could eat, along with my grandma’s homemade meatballs and ziti, cornbread up the wahzoo, and last but not least mashed potatoes with gravy.  I didn’t know where to start there was so much food but so little time to eat it before the football game came back on.  My cousins dared me to make a sandwich out of everything that was on my plate, and if you know me pretty well I did it and ate it.  Ima champ, just sayin.

              You cant forget the best part about thanksgiving, the pie!  Mmm my family had atleast 12 different pies; from apple to canoli to pumkin and pecan we had it all.  So much pie I couldn’t stop eating until the food coma set in, so then I waited like an hour and started all over again.  That’s usally how the evening goes and you repeat the process one-three times depending on the person.  You cant get much better than a Italian family thanksgiving besides all the yelling and screaming, the dogs grabbing peoples dinners off their plates.  But its one of my favorite holidays because of the food. 


No comments:

Post a Comment