Saturday, November 6, 2010

C's dont cut it


            All through out my middle school, high school, and now college career teachers have always told me if you do that work and show up to class you will get a C.  Well seeing as I have been in school for most of my life, and I have not seen one case where that is true.  It’s always something else that you have to do to get barely a passing grade.  I am not one of those people that just settles for the C or the D because I like pushing myself in my classes. But from friends who have done nothing but the bare minimum have gotten away with a D-.  Why do teachers promise us middle level grades for mid level work but then almost flunk us?  Its like they don’t tell us everything that we needed to do to do well. 

            If I just showed up and did the work for some of my classes in high school I wouldn’t be in college at this point because some teachers just like to work us over, and in turn we hate those teachers.  But I have finally figured out that the teachers that pushed us to no end actually helped us more.  They showed us that college is a step up and that we needed to be prepared for it.  So for that I thank my Senior year expository writing teacher ms. Feely, because she pushed me to the point where I wanted to just give up in that class.  Even though she will be alone for the rest of her life because she is so mean and heartless I thank her 


No comments:

Post a Comment