Thursday, September 23, 2010

Time management an art or a game?


I struggle with time management all the time, whether it’s finding time to do homework or even finding time to shower and brush my teeth during the day.  But my most recent struggle with time management was in my inquiry class and with my exercise science class.  I had a project due the same day as my clinical hours had to be done, I didn’t know how I was going to do the 2 tasks while juggling the rest of my life.  I found it very difficult adjusting to this new schedule in my life, I have to get used to doing work weeks ahead of when they are due instead of my high school mindset were I started them 2 nights before they were due.  It is something that takes time to get used to and hopefully I will be better with juggling tasks by the end of my 1st semester.

             Another struggle I have been up against was finding time to spend time with my family, girlfriend, and my puppy.  Everyone is very supportive of the goals I want to reach especially my girlfriend.  I have to get adjusted with not seeing my family all the time, and having to actually see when I’m available to take my puppy for a walk around the block.  This new life is a whole time struggle in itself, classes can overlap or walking from class to class (maybe I should dig out my old skateboard to make trips faster.)  I have to figure out the priorities in my life before I can do anything else, that I believe will be the biggest problem, but I believe it will all work itself out in the end. 


1 comment:

  1. I agree with this post completely. Getting adjusted to the college life takes a long time, and I don't even live here. It is insanely hard to juggle, classes, school work, friends and family. I feel like there just aren't enough hours in the week for it all. I think we are all overwhelmed but in the long run everything will work itself out.

    ReplyDelete