Friday, September 17, 2010

A Major Decision



            I chose a very unique major to go into, I have always been in love with sports, and helping people.  So I thought why not combine the two things and go into athletic training as my major.  It requires not only a lot of classroom time, but also a lot of hands on clinical hours in the athletic training room helping students with their injuries.  It will be a challenge to see if I can make it seeing as this specific program is one of the most prestigious in the in the region.  Tough but fun this major has many advantages along with some disadvantages.  I have to stay with a 2.7 gpa or I will dropped from the program.  On the other hand sports teams will start to offer full time jobs by the end of my senior year ready for work. 

            I am competing against 53 other students for 15 spots into the athletic training program at Southern Connecticut State University.  No one said it was going to be easy, no one said I was going to make it.  I have to believe I will make it, and then make it happen for my self.  People said they could see me as a teacher in a school, I thought so too.  I would like paid vacations and summers off to relax.  Life isn’t all about relaxing and sometimes you have to go down the path less traveled to be a successful person in this life.  That’s why I chose athletic training as my major, its tough but I know I can get through it and succeed in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment