Friday, December 17, 2010

My Final Assessment


            Yeah I know I was the one who wanted to do the video for my final assessment but I didn’t get around to trying to make it so I settled for the paper instead.  Even before this class had started Jen had sent us out an email saying bring a campus safari and answer these questions by tomorrow for your first grades in our class.  This to me was a huge shocker to what college life was going to be all about.  But then I realized that everyone else had felt the same way.  But as the semester trudged along I realized that I started to like this class because of its stimulating conversations and discussions we had.   This class was very challenging in all perspective of the college life.
            Over this semester in inquiry I have gained a lot of confidence in speaking in front of the class such as raising my hand and answering one of Jens questions.  In high school I was the kid who didn’t talk much in every class but got by with a B or better.  I liked participating in this class because I knew no one would judge me on what I had to say.  I felt I have made progress on the college thinking level with doing so much work with inquiry and writing lots of essays in my history class.  This class also showed not to be afraid by what you stand by, argue your position on the topic and I felt I have become a lot more comfortable in doing that in a college class. 

            Even though I commute to school everyday, sometimes it is an inconvenience to do drive 20-40 minutes out of my way to get an interview done with a professor on something.  But I learned that each class has to have a separate priority slot in my life.  I took my time to do all the work in my harder classes such as my exercise science and inquiry class, but knew what I had to do and got them done quick and easy with my history and English classes.  Also in doing my midterm video on time management in food and eating healthy, I learned that a lot of people should sit down and have a proper meal more than a couple times a week.  My study habits changed significantly also, because when I was a senior I barely studied because my hardest class didn’t even require a textbook it required us taking care of our cars properly.  I learned that if I wanted to pass all of these classes I needed to study like a maniac. 
            I also believe my social life has changed a lot in many ways. I have new friends in all of my classes including inquiry.  It has been quite the experiences getting to know them all but; in the end everything was great.  From getting up at 5 o’clock to get the athletic training room for 6:15 took a lot of time and effort.  Banding together to get that surprise campus safari assignment done and handed in took hard work and friendships.  All in all I want to make more friends on campus, or maybe get an apartment down the street so I can hang out with them and not have to drive 20 minutes to see them.

             To conclude this awesome and final blog post for inquiry, I will say that blogging was a new experience for me because it is something that I have never done before.  It was weird in many ways on the topics we had to answer, or the specific reasoning behind what we had to say.  I didn’t like it at first because I just thought of it as a waste of time, or just another assignment to do for this class but I began to like talking about my family or myself and share my personal experiences on campus.  I thought this inquiry class was awesome, and I hope to see some of you guys next semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment